This reading group will focus on cyber freedom in law and cyber security in practice. Though often perceived as diametrically opposed, the concepts of cyber freedom and cyber security are in fact complementary, with software, hardware, and spectrum freedom as a prerequisite (but not a guarantee) for cyber security… Read More
Session 7 - How I Learned to Keep Worrying
- Eben Moglen, “Snowden and the Future,” Dec. 4, 2013, Part IV
- Front Line Defenders,Workbook on Security: Practical Steps for Human Rights Defenders at Risk (2015), Chapter 5
- B. Schneier, K. Seidel, and S. Vijayakumar, A Worldwide Survey of Encryption Products (2016)
- United States v. Aaron Swartz, No. 11-CR-10260 (D. Mass. 2013)
- Let’s stay in touch with the tools we learned about!